Glow Recipe LET IT GLOW kit review: trying fan favourites

This skincare kit was my first foray into Glow Recipe, and it seemed the best option to try out the products before possibly committing to the full sized products. 

It comes with 3 products: a travel size Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser and Watermelon Glow Pink Juice Moisturizer and a full size Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask. I enjoy the Blueberry Bounce cleanser the most out of the three products, it pairs great with my Foreo cleansing brush and gives my skin a good cleanse. The Watermelon Glow moisturizer just isn't moisturizing enough for my skin and the scent took some getting used to for me. 

The biggest disappointment for me personally was the Watermelon Glow sleeping mask, which gets rave reviews online and I had big expectations for it. The consistency of the mask is too gel-like and there's often separation and a lot of oil collects on top of the jar. I've tried mixing and applying but it still feels too oily and pills strangely on the skin. The advised usage tips are applying it as a 10-minute mask and washing it off or leaving it overnight for maximum effect. I've tried both ways and both left me wanting more, it's not a product I like to use and I wish either the cleanser or moisturizer came as the full size product in the kit. 

These types of kits are perfect for a test run of more expensive skincare products. I would love to try other Glow Recipe skincare, possibly in another kit version so I can try them out before committing.


Comments

Popular Posts