Foreo Issa 3 review: testing the hygienic silicone electric toothbrush

I’m already familiar with the Foreo brand as I’ve been using their facial cleansing brushes for a number of years and I’ve enjoyed them thoroughly. Their Issa toothbrushes are something I discovered later on and I was always intrigued by them, so when they recently launched a new toothbrush I thought it was time to try it out for myself and do a full Foreo Issa 3 review for you to know better before getting one yourself.

Packaging of the Issa 3 toothbrush

The box contains: the toothbrush, travel pouch, USB charger and manual

PACKAGING

The box contains the Issa 3 toothbrush, a pouch, a USB charging cable and an instruction manual and the toothbrush retails for $169. The brush doesn’t need a docking station as it can stand up on its own and the minimal accessories are what ultimately makes it the most travel-friendly sonic toothbrush.


THE SILICONE TOOTHBRUSH HEAD


The brush head is made of a combination of polymer and silicone bristles which clean the teeth but protect and massage the gums at the same time and the back of the Issa 3 features ridges for tongue and cheek cleaning. 


The material of the toothbrush is mostly silicone which is bacteria resistant making it very hygienic compared to any normal toothbrush with nylon bristles. The design of the toothbrush is sleek which means there’s no grooves or gaps for toothpaste to collect in and ruin the overall look of the toothbrush.


It looks and behaves like a traditional toothbrush so you don’t need to adjust your brushing, it just provides a much better clean than a manual toothbrush. The size of the brush head is slightly larger than a regular toothbrush which means you’re actually brushing several teeth at once which ensures that your teeth are thoroughly clean. The brush head can last up to 6 months before needing a replacement, but that is up to you to determine.


FEATURES

It comes in four fun colors - Pearl Pink, Mint, Fuchsia and Black which are the staple Foreo colours. 


It is 100% waterproof which means you can use it even in the shower and a travel lock feature makes sure you avoid the battery draining while keeping your brush stored. When talking about battery life - it can last up to 365 days on a single charge and that means 365 days of active use!


The Issa 3 has 16 intensity levels which can be set to whichever you prefer with a smart memory feature that saves your settings for your next use. The built-in timer makes sure you’re brushing your teeth for long enough making it the ultimate brushing experience.


MY FOREO ISSA 3 REVIEW VERDICT

I’ve been using it daily and the charge is still as strong and shows no signs of use and the switch from a manual toothbrush was quick and easy as I feel my teeth are getting a better clean with the Foreo Issa 3 toothbrush. The thing that I like most about it is actually the lack of accessories - I love that I don’t need a clunky charging station, I don’t need to replace the brush head as often and that the battery of the Issa 3 lasts for so long after one full charge. If I had to nitpick about something I wish the travel pouch was a little more sturdy or should I say more in line with the quality of the toothbrush.

Ultimately the most important thing is that my teeth are cleaner and my gums are healthier but it sure doesn’t hurt that the design is extremely visually pleasing. I hope my review will be useful and encourage some of you to try the Foreo ISSA 3 toothbrush as well.

Comments

Popular Posts